Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know which class is right for my child?
There are several options for students! Your choice in class depends partly on your child’s age and partly on their interest. We also have multi-age classes that are suitable for anyone in that age range.
All children develop on their own timetable, and you are the expert on your child. The ages are guidelines, not hard-and-fast rules. There is no hurry to move ahead and no harm in hanging back. And when you believe your child is ready to move to another age group, just let us know. If you are unsure, let us help you! We are here to help your child thrive.
Kindermusik® Ages 0-5 years:
- Mixed Ages: best for anyone — siblings, friends, anyone in the listed age group
- Foundations: best for non-walking newborns, infants, and babies
- Level 1: best for active, walking toddlers, about ages 1-2 years
- Level 2: best for older toddlers ages 2-3 years
- Level 3 Music Discovery: best for children ages 3-5 years who are ready to be “dropped-off” for a class.
Group Beginning Piano:
- Piano Adventures: best for children ages 4-5 years who are ready to be “dropped off” for a class
- Little Mozarts: Ages 5-6 years who are ready for a gentle introduction to piano
- Piano Players: Ages 6-8 years; not parent-inclusive, home instrument and practice required
- Intermediate Piano Players: for students who have completed Piano Players (or have similar knowledge)
- Advanced Piano Players: for students who have completed Intermediate Piano Players (or have similar knowledge)
Other Group Classes
- Instrument Explorers: Ages 5-7 years
- Uke n Play: Ages 6-8 years
- Singing Club: First through Fourth Grade
- Private Instrument Lessons: Ages 6 and up
When and how can I enroll?
Anytime! There is no need to wait. Classes are held year-round, with a few breaks here and there. If you enroll mid-month, your payment will be prorated before it is processed.
Enrolling is simple:
1. Find the class that best suits your child.
2. Create an account in our system.
3. Enroll once and you’re done — your spot is held in that class until you need to transfer classes or withdraw.
*At this time, the Little Mozart classes run Sept through June but pause for the summer. All other programs run year-round.
What is the tuition?
Classes run year-round. You will pay your first month at the time of enrollment. Subsequent payments will be charged on the 1st of every month. Most importantly, there is never a registration fee or cancellation fee. We are parents, too. We don’t believe in that kind of stuff! We just believe on bringing you the best, all throughout the year.
Kindermusik® :Foundations to Level 2: $75/month
Kindermusik Level 3 Music Discovery: $80/month
Piano Adventures: $80/month, $25 materials fee
Music for Little Mozarts: $85/month, $25 materials fee
Piano Players: $90/month, $25 materials fee
Intermediate Piano Players: $99/month, $25 materials fee
Advanced Piano Players: $109/month. no materials fee
Instrument Explorers: $80/month, $25 materials fee
Ukulele Beginners: $80/month, $25 materials fee
Ukulele Intermediate: $80/month
Kindermusik® Playdate a-la-carte classes: $15/class
Private Lessons: $116/month
Special events and camps vary with the program being offered
What if we need to miss a class?
We know that schedules can often get difficult We have a flexible make-up system that helps your family enjoy music as much as possible.
While it is always important to try your best to attend your regularly scheduled class, you may sign up for a make-up class of the same type based on availability.
If you need to miss your private lesson, you must notify us at least 6 hours in advance of the lesson you are going to miss via My Music Staff. With enough notice, you will have options of either a video lesson or rescheduled in-person lessons. Without 6 hours notice, or if no notice is given (or you are a no-show), a make-up will not be offered.
Playdates and a la carte classes may be rescheduled one time prior to the class. Missed a la carte classes cannot be rescheduled or refunded.
What if I need to switch classes or withdraw?
We know that schedules change, as do kids! You can make changes to your enrollment anytime of the year. If you need to switch to a different class time, or your child is ready to move up to the next class, just let us know through the Change My Enrollment form in the Family Hub.
* Please note: There is a 4-month minimum enrollment period for Piano Adventures and Little Mozarts piano, due to the materials and nature of the learning, and a September-July minimum length of enrollment for Piano Players, Intermediate Piano Players, and Advanced Piano Players. There is a 2-month minimum commitment for Ukulele Classes, Singing Club, Instrument Explorers, and Private Lessons.
What materials or instruments does my child need?
Most necessary supplies will be provided to your child upon enrollment. There are a few things to note:
- Private lesson students will need to have their own instrument for practice at home, as well as books. We will let you know what books to purchase after your first lesson. They also need to bring a 1.5″ binder and pencil box.
- Instrument Explorers do no need their own instrument.
- Uke ‘n Play students will need their own Ukulele. Please let us know if you need guidance in a purchase.
- Music for Little Mozart students do NOT need a piano/keyboard at home. Books and a piano bag will be provided.
- Piano Players students DO need a piano or keyboard at home, as home practice is integral in this program. Books and a piano bag will be provided.
Can I bring an extra sibling to class?
Due to limited class sizes and the nature of the younger class settings, classes can only accommodate non-enrolled siblings if they are content in a car carrier or body-worn. Should you need to occasionally bring a silbling, please contact the studio in advance. A $15 sibling fee will apply. This accommodation may only be used once a month.
What holidays/days is the studio closed?
We have a few schedules closings throughout the year. These are built-in closings and have been taken into account in the monthly cost, which means these weeks have not been included in your tuition. No make-ups are needed. Please mark your calendar accordingly!
Memorial Day Weekend 2022: Saturday May 28 – Monday May 30
Fourth of July 2022: Monday July 4
End of Summer Break 2022: Tuesday Aug 23 – Monday Sept 5
Thanksgiving Break 2022: Wednesday Nov 23 – Sunday Nov 27
Winter Break 2022: Sunday Dec 18 – Sunday Jan 1
Spring Break 2023: Sunday April 2 – Sunday April 9
Memorial Day Weekend 2023: Saturday May 27th – Monday May 29th
Fourth of July Weekend: Saturday July 1 – Tuesday July 4
Get Started With A Trial Class!
Join us in the studio to see what it's all about.