Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know which class is right for my child?
There are several options for students! Your choice in class depends partly on your child’s age and partly on their interest. We also have multi-age classes that are suitable for anyone in that age range.
Every family and student should expect a few weeks of transition into classes and lessons. All children develop on their own timetable, and you are the expert on your child. The ages are guidelines, not hard-and-fast rules. There is no hurry to move ahead and no harm in hanging back. And when you believe your child is ready to move to another age group, just let us know. If you are unsure, let us help you! We are here to help your child thrive.
Kindermusik® Ages 0-5 years:
- Mixed Ages: best for anyone — siblings, friends, anyone in the listed age group; parent participation required
- Foundations: best for non-walking newborns, infants, and babies, even past 12 months; parent participation required
- Level 1: best for active, walking toddlers, about ages 1-2 years; parent participation required
- Level 2: best for older toddlers ages 2-3 years; parent participation required
- Level 3 Music Discovery: best for children ages 3-5 years who are ready to be “dropped-off” for a class.
Group Beginning Piano:
- Little Keynotes: best for children ages 4-5 years who are ready to be “dropped off” for a class (formerly Piano Adventures)
- Little Mozarts: Ages 5-6 years who are ready for a gentle introduction to piano who are ready to be “dropped off”
- Piano Players: Ages 6-8 years; not parent-inclusive, home instrument and practice required
- Intermediate Piano Players: for students who have completed Piano Players (or have similar knowledge)
- Advanced Piano Players: for students who have completed Intermediate Piano Players (or have similar knowledge)
Other Group Classes
- Instrument Explorers: Ages 5-7 years who are ready to be “dropped off”
- Uke n Play: Ages 6-8 years
- Singing Club: First through Fourth Grade
- Private Instrument Lessons: Ages 6 and up; below age 6 students can go into a group class to begin
When and how can I enroll, and how do payments work?
You can enroll at any time! There is no need to wait. Classes are held year-round, with a few breaks here and there. If you enroll mid-month, your payment will be prorated before it is processed.
Tuition payments are monthly by credit card. All enrolled families will be charged a payment on the 1st of each month. No refund will be given for families who cancel enrollment after the 1st of the month. Monthly payments do not reflect a certain number of classes or lessons in a month; the cost is all classes in an entire year divided into equal payments for your convenience. Holidays/closings are taken into account.
Enrolling is simple:
1. Find the class that best suits your child.
2. Create an account in our system.
3. Enroll once and you’re done — your spot is held in that class until you need to transfer classes or withdraw.
*Little Mozart classes run Sept through June but pause for the summer. All other programs run year-round.
What is the tuition and commitment?
Classes run year-round. You will pay your first month at the time of enrollment. Subsequent payments will be charged on the 1st of every month. Most importantly, there is never a registration fee or cancellation fee. Any materials fee directly covers materials used for classes and recitals. It is not a “nonsense” fee. We are parents, too. We don’t believe in that kind of stuff! We just believe on bringing you the best, all throughout the year.
Kindermusik® : $80/month
Little Keynotes: $90/month, $25 materials fee; 4-month commitment
Little Mozarts: $90/month, $25 materials fee; 4-month commitment
Piano Players: $100/month, $25 materials fee; yearly commitment Sept- August
Intermediate Piano Players: $110/month, $25 materials fee; yearly commitment Sept- August
Advanced Piano Players: $120/month, $25 materials fee; yearly commitment Sept- August
Instrument Explorers: $90/month, $25 materials fee; 2-month commitment
Beginning Uke ‘n Play: $90/month, $25 materials fee; 4-month commitment
Intermediate Uke ‘n Play: $90/month; 4-month commitment
Advanced Uke ‘n Play: $90/month; 4-month commitment
Singing Club: $80/month, $25 materials fee; 2-month commitment
Kindermusik® Playdate a-la-carte classes: $15/class
Private Lessons: $120/month, annual $25 materials/recital fee charged in May
Special events and camps vary with the program being offered
What if we need to miss a class?
We know that schedules can often get difficult. We have a flexible make-up system that helps your family enjoy music as much as possible. Should you need to miss your class, you are invited to use the online make-up scheduler in your account to find a suitable make-up class. Please choose a class in your same program, if possible. If you cannot find a make-up, please contact the studio for guidance.
If you need to miss your private lesson, you must notify us at least 6 hours in advance of the lesson you are going to miss via My Music Staff. With enough notice, you will receive a make-up credit in your account which will allow you to sign up for a make-up lesson in your account. Without 6 hours notice, or if no notice is given (or you are a no-show), a make-up will not be offered.
Playdates and a la carte classes may be rescheduled one time prior to the class with 48 hours notice. Missed a la carte classes cannot be rescheduled or refunded.
No refunds or discounts will be given for missed classes or lessons. Make-ups are subject to availability.
What if I need to switch classes or withdraw?
We know that schedules change, as do kids! You can make changes to your enrollment anytime of the year. If you need to switch to a different class time, or your child is ready to move up to the next class, just let us know through the Change My Enrollment form in the Family Hub.
* Please note: There is a 4-month minimum enrollment period for Little Keynotes piano, Little Mozarts piano, and Ukulele classes due to the materials and nature of the learning, and a yearly Sept-August minimum length of enrollment for Piano Players, Intermediate Piano Players, and Advanced Piano Players. There is a 2-month minimum commitment for Beginning Ukulele Classes, Singing Club, Instrument Explorers, and Private Lessons.
What materials or instruments does my child need?
Most necessary supplies will be provided to your child upon enrollment. There are a few things to note:
- Kindermusik families have exclusive access to all the class music in the Free Kindermusik App. Simply log into the app using your enrollment email/password.
- Private lesson students will need to have their own instrument for practice at home, as well as books. We will let you know what books to purchase after your first lesson. They also need to bring a 1.5″ binder and pencil box.
- Uke ‘n Play students will need their own Ukulele. They will receive a binder full of music
- Little Keynotes and Little Mozart students do NOT need a piano/keyboard at home, but is encouraged. Books will be provided.
- Piano Players students DO need a piano or keyboard at home, as home practice is integral in this program. Books will be provided
- Singing Club will receive a binder and ever-growing song sheets during class
Are there performance opportunities?
Most of our programs focus on the process of learning to encourage creativity and inspiration rather that perfecting our music for performance. Much harm can be done to a child’s confidence by asking them to perform at an early age. Throughout the year, students in our group classes are given a chance to share what they have learned in a casual setting.
Private Lesson students and Intermediate/Advanced Piano Players students will celebrate their hard work in a fun Winter Performance and more formal Spring Recital. Beginning Piano Players will join the recital in the Spring. Family and friends are invited to attend with no limit and no tickets sold!
Can I bring an extra sibling to class?
Due to limited class sizes and the nature of the younger class settings, classes can only accommodate non-enrolled siblings if they are content in a car carrier or body-worn. Should you need to occasionally bring a silbling, please contact the studio in advance. A $15 sibling fee will apply. This accommodation may only be used once a month.
What holidays/days is the studio closed?
We have a few schedules closings throughout the year. These are built-in closings and have been taken into account in the monthly cost, which means these weeks have not been included in your tuition. No make-ups are needed. Please mark your calendar accordingly!
Halloween Oct 31 2023: no classes or lessons
Thanksgiving 2023: Wednesday Nov 22nd- Sunday Nov 26th
Winter Break 2023: Friday Dec 22 – Friday Jan 5th
Spring Break 2024: Saturday March 30th – Friday April 5th
Memorial Day Weekend 2024: Saturday May 25th – Monday May 27th
Fourth of July 2024: Thursday July 4th
End of Summer Break: Sunday August 19th through Monday Sept 2nd (subject to change)
Get Started With A Trial Class!
Join us in the studio to see what it's all about.