Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know which class is right for my child?
All children develop on their own timetable, and you are the expert on your child. The ages are guidelines, not hard-and-fast rules. There is no hurry to move ahead and no harm in hanging back. And when you believe your child is ready to move to another age group, just let us know. If you are unsure, let us help you! We are here to help your child thrive.
Kindermusik® Ages 0-5 years:
- Mixed Ages: best for anyone — siblings, friends, anyone in the listed age group
- Foundations: best for non-walking newborns, infants, and babies
- Level 1: best for active, walking toddlers, about ages 1-2 years
- Level 2: best for older toddlers ages 2-3 years
- Level 3/4: best for more independent preschoolers ages 3-5 years; not parent-inclusive
Group Beginning Piano:
- Little Mozarts: Ages 4.5-6 years; not parent-inclusive
- Piano Players: Ages 6-8 years; not parent-inclusive
Other Group Classes and Private Instrument Lessons
- Ages 6 and up
When and how can I enroll?
Anytime! There is no need to wait. Classes are held year-round, with a few breaks here and there. If you enroll mid-month, your payment will be prorated before it is processed.
Enrolling is simple:
1. Find the class that best suits your child.
2. Create an account in our system.
3. Enroll once and you’re done — your spot is held in that class until you need to transfer classes or withdraw.
*At this time, the Little Mozart classes run Sept through June but pause for the summer. All other programs run year-round.
What is the tuition?
Music for Little Mozarts: $80/month
Piano Players: $90/month
Advanced Piano Players: $99/month
Ukulele Classes: $75/month
Kindermusik® Playdate a-la-carte classes: $15/class
Private Lessons: $112/month
Special events and camps vary with the program being offered
What if we need to miss a class?
We know that schedules can often get difficult We have a flexible make-up system that helps your family enjoy music as much as possible.
While it is always important to try your best to attend your regularly scheduled class, you may sign up for a make-up class of the same type based on availability.
If you need to miss your private lesson, you must notify us by 10am on the day you are going to miss, or prior. With enough notice, you will receive a make-up lesson video. After 10am, or if no notice is given (or you are a no-show), a make-up will not be offered.
Playdates and a la carte classes may be rescheduled one time prior to the class. Missed a la carte classes cannot be rescheduled or refunded.
What if I need to switch classes or withdraw?
We know that schedules change, as do kids! You can make changes to your enrollment anytime of the year. If you need to switch to a different class time, or your child is ready to move up to the next class, just let us know through the Change My Enrollment form in the Family Hub.
* Please note: There is a 4-month minimum enrollment period for Little Mozarts piano, due to the materials and nature of the learning, and a school-year minimum length of enrollment for Piano Players.
What materials or instruments does my child need?
Most necessary supplies will be provided to your child upon enrollment. There are a few things to note:
- Private lesson students will need to have their own instrument for practice at home, as well as books. We will let you know what books to purchase after your first lesson. They also need to bring a 1.5″ binder and pencil box.
- Uke ‘n Play students will need their own Ukulele. Please let us know if you need guidance in a purchase.
- Music for Little Mozart students do NOT need a piano/keyboard at home. Books and a piano bag will be provided.
- Piano Players students DO need a piano or keyboard at home, as home practice is integral in this program. Books and a piano bag will be provided.
Can I bring an extra sibling to class?
Due to limited class sizes and the nature of the younger class settings, classes can only accommodate non-enrolled siblings if they are content in a car carrier or body-worn. Should you need to occasionally bring a silbling, please contact the studio in advance. A $15 sibling fee will apply. This accommodation may only be used once a month.
What holidays/days is the studio closed?
We have a few schedules closings throughout the year. These are built-in closings and have been taken into account in the monthly cost, which means these weeks have not been included in your tuition. No make-ups are needed. Please mark your calendar accordingly!
End of Summer Break 2021: Tuesday Aug 24 – Monday Sept. 6
Thanksgiving 2021: Wednesday Nov 24 – Sunday Nov 28
Winter Break 2021: Monday Dec 20 – Sunday Jan 2 2022
Spring Break 2022: Saturday April 2 – Friday April 8
Memorial Day Weekend 2022: Saturday May 28 – Monday May 30
Fourth of July 2022: Monday July 4
End of Summer Break 2022: TBD
Get Started With A Trial Class!
Join us in the studio to see what it's all about.