We Are All About Safety!
Your family’s health and well-being is and has always been a priority at Melody Magic. You can count on that. We have regular practices that we have always done, and now we have adjusted our measures to follow local guidelines. We are diligent about keep our music space clean and sanitary – now and always. In the middle of the summer, in the middle of the winter, always. You can count on that.
We have adjusted lots of things at the studio to further keep you safe. Things like flow of traffic, supplies, limiting the lobby use, and even implementing the use of TVs so that everyone can see something while spread apart.
One parent told us “You are the only place we are going this time of year. We know you keep it clean, we see you do it.” We are thankful that you recognize that we care about your children as much as you do!
Get Started With A Trial Class!
Join us in the studio to see what it's all about.
- We have adjusted entrance/exit patterns to further distance our families: All Kindermusik® families enter through the main lobby doors but exit through the classroom door.
- Hand sanitizer is a must – utilize it at the beginning and end of each class. And there is soap in every bathroom. Washing hands is always recommended!
- Air purifiers are run in every classroom. Additionally, doors are open propped open between classes to refresh the air.
- Families will sit at least 6′ apart. Parents of little ones help to maintain this distance, and markers on the floor help to guide the children. Don’t worry — even the floor markings are bright, colorful, and fun! EVERY student who will attend needs to be enrolled, as we are keeping classes small. Siblings may not attend unless they are enrolled.
- There is no sharing of any instruments or manipulatives. Every instrument and item will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before any other family uses it.
- Doorknobs and other often-touched surfaces (like light switches, windowsills, chairs) are cleaned several times a day and in-between classes.
- Kindermusik® students may sign-up for a make-up in another Kindermusik class when they need to miss class. It is imperative that you sign up for an in-person make-ups, as space is very limited. We offer this so that you be sure to stay home when anyone in your family isn’t well.
- As of Monday, March 7th 2022, masks are no longer required.
- Private lesson students must wash their hands at the start of every lesson. Pianos and keyboards are thoroughly cleaned between every single lesson. Each student has their own supplies to use during the lesson. There is no sharing of supplies.
- Air purifiers are run in every lesson room.
- To aid in managing of supplies, each private lesson family must provide a 1.5″ binder of their choice as well as a pencil pouch that can be put inside the binder or carried with them. We will provide fun pencils and things for them to keep!
- Teachers will maintain at least 6′ of distance from lesson students.
- We have implemented a new “flow” of entrance and exit. Private lesson students will enter AND exit through the door that is closest to their lesson room. Please stand back from the door. When your teacher comes to the door, you may enter when she has finished talking with the parent of the prior student. You may not enter before this time.
- Parents of lesson students are strongly encouraged to wait in their cars. Teachers have your cell phone numbers, and your phone must be on and ready to receive a call from your teacher. At the end of the lesson time, parents will meet the teacher/student at the exit door for a short conversation about the lesson. Please stand back at least 6′ from the door to chat and receive your child.
- As of Monday, March 7th, 2022, masks are no longer required in the studio.
OTHER GROUP CLASSES (Ukulele, Music for Little Mozarts, Piano Players, Singing Club, Instrument Explorers)
- We have adjusted entrance/exit patterns to further distance our families: All families enter through the doors that are closest to their classroom. This will prevent any passing, as we have spaced classes apart and in different rooms.
- Air purifiers are run in every classroom. Additionally, doors are often propped open between classes to refresh the air.
- Parents of drop-off students are strongly encouraged to wait in their cars. Teachers have your cell phone numbers, and your phone must be on and ready to receive a call from your teacher. At the end of the class time, parents will meet their child at the exit door, maintaining 6′ distance. You must come near the door to pick up your child, rather than wait in your car. This is for your child’s safety.
- The lobby area is currently closed for waiting. There is plenty of outside covered area in which you can wait should you feel you need to. Bring a chair! Sit apart and chat with other parents!
- There will not be any sharing of equipment. Students will remain 6′ apart, guided by floor markings. Each student will have their own supplies during class, and nothing will be passed or shared. We have added tv screens to each classroom for any visuals or music scores that need to be seen by all. Any materials that belong to Melody Magic will be thoroughly cleaned before any other student touches them.
- As of March 7th, 2022, masks are no longer required.